If you have ever dreamed of starting your own successful mental health practice, you are not alone. Many clinicians have taken the leap and started seeing private clients with varying degrees of success. This begs the question:
How can I succeed in a new private practice?
Equality Connections in Cheyenne, Wyoming helps clinicians of many experience levels realize this dream and we have found some key areas that clinicians need to consider when they start a new practice.
- Survive the cash flow challenge
- Accountants, lawyers and financial advisors, Oh My!
- Business licenses
- State rules and regulations
- Obtaining certification
- Choosing office space
- Business insurance
- Getting your name into the community
- Letting people know you are taking new referrals
- Scheduling clients
- Billing considerations
- Ongoing advertising for small practices
- State tax payments
- Federal tax payment
- Retaining clients
Over the next several blog entries, I will be giving you valuable information about the above categories as you start a private practice.